1. About the Company:
The company is a leading global provider of mission-critical products and services to diverse industries, including biopharma, healthcare, education & government, and advanced technologies & applied materials.
Introduction: Elegrow Technology Pvt. Ltd has proudly served the company as a valued client for over 8 years.
In 2014, the client encountered nuisance tripping issues, prompting them to conduct a thermographic survey to assess thermal effects and make informed decisions.
Since then, The client has embraced predictive maintenance practices, proactively analyzing deteriorations and defects to prevent breakdowns. They diligently perform thermography surveys once or twice a year to ensure the safe and efficient operation of their electrical panels.
In 2015, they pursued compliance with the NFPA 70E standard. Elegrow Technology conducted an Arc Flash Analysis at their facility in Gujarat.
Given the company’s origin in the USA, they perform Arc Flash Analysis every 5 years to adhere to standards and accommodate any modifications made to their electrical system. They have undergone this analysis twice for compliance and once due to capacity expansion.
The company’s objective is to optimize maintenance costs and time while upholding safe work practices. They achieve this through regular implementation of predictive maintenance practices.
This approach empowers the company’s maintenance technicians to take timely measures in addressing issues and mitigating equipment failure, power outages, and fire risks. By promptly identifying and resolving problems, downtime is minimized, and the risk of further damage is reduced.
Step 1: Comprehensive site visit throughout the company.
Step 2: Conduct Thermal Imaging Surveys of Electrical Panels and Initiate Thermography Measurements.
Step 3: Analysing Captured Thermal Images By ITC Level 1 Thermographer.
Step 4: Preparing Detailed Reports with Recommendations.
4. Standards Reference:
The company adheres to industry standards to ensure the highest quality and safety in its operations:
- IEEE Std 1561-2002: “Standard for Performance of Thermal Acceptance Tests for Electrical Equipment.”
- NFPA 70B: “Recommended Practice for Electrical Equipment Maintenance.”
- NFPA 70E: “Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace.”
- ISO 18436-7: “Condition monitoring and diagnostics of machines – Thermography – Part 7: Qualification of thermal imagers.”
5. Results & Solutions:
In our most recent thermography service, we inspected a total of 273 electrical panel feeders. The results are as follows:
- Healthy electrical panel feeders: 253
- Warning electrical panel feeders: 4
- Unhealthy electrical panel feeders: 16
Despite implementing predictive maintenance practices for the past 9 years, the company consistently identifies warning panels indicating ongoing system ageing and deterioration. This underscores the importance of predictive maintenance in making informed decisions and safeguarding against major breakdowns.
- They experienced a significant increase in equipment reliability, with studies suggesting reductions in unplanned downtime by 30% to 50%
- Also, 20% to 40% maintenance cost reductions by optimizing maintenance planning and minimizing unnecessary maintenance tasks.
- Performing Arc Flash Analysis every 5 years has been instrumental in maintaining safe electrical practices.
With pride, we can confirm that our client has achieved an impressive record of 10 years without experiencing any breakdowns.